What is it?
- The Breastfeeding Art Expo is a unique art project to celebrate breastfeeding, educate and raise awareness.
- When information is presented in the form of art, music, and dance, in all its dynamic forms, then awareness makes a greater and longer lasting imprint. This show is sure to provoke, emotion, thought, and conversation.
- This art expo has been called a passionate comment and a provocative display on the culture of breastfeeding in our communities, in our country and around the world.
- The Breastfeeding Art Expo is a community art project with a goal to influence change through art.
- A partnership between Interior Health and KCR Community Resources
- Led by a broad Steering Committee.
- Artists live in the Okanagan, Thompson Cariboo, and Kootenay regions of central BC
- Funded by Interior Health, British Columbia Arts Council, Central Okanagan Foundation, First Nations Health Authority and The Hamber Foundation in partnership with KCR Community Resources
- The expo will travel to six communities across the Interior Health Region of British Columbia from June 2017-June 2018: Kelowna, Vernon, En’owkin Centre (Penticton Indian Band), Trail, Williams Lake, and Kamloops Go to Art Catalogue and Events for dates.
- Participate in the evaluation at Survey